Friends of Interakt FAQ
Who Are Friends of Interakt?
We are a group of dedicated Interakt extension users that see a need to preserve the Interakt forums in the form of a searchable "Tips & Tricks" database.
We are in no way connected to Adobe in any means except to own Interakt Extensions.
We do not run this website for commercial gain so any donations towards the running costs of the server will be welcome.
What we do
- We compile and host a database of useful "Tips and Tricks" based on the Interakt forums
- We host updates, patches and skins developed by Interakt users
- Plans to host remote spell checking facilities similar to interakt's current service.
Need someone to assist me with figuring out how the script works.
Why do we want to do this?
Adobe abandoned the Interakt and ADDT extensions in April 2009.
That can only mean that we are on our own if we want to continue using these wonerfull extensions.
To prevent a lot of people redeveloping a lot of websites build with the interakt extensions we started this website. The dream for the site is for it to be a huge collection of tips and tricks with downloadable patches for files affected by technology upgrades.
We do not want to discredit "Adobe" or "Adobe Systems Romania" in any way and respect the "Adobe" trademark but the fact is that Adobe is going to abandon the interakt website sooner or later. At best they are going to leave it to just crash by itself. Already there are issues with the website and if the interakt site goies down, the support forums goes down with them...
Issues with the Interaktonline.com website...
- The interakt site / forum and documentation went down on the 21 December for about 24 hours.
It was a disaster not being able to access the documentation and not being able to download the purchased products.
- The KTML editor in the forums is not functional when you use Firefox ver 3.6. This browser upgrade was released on 21 January 2010.
- SSL Certificate expired
How can I get involved with Friends of Interakt?
- Click in the register page and get started.
- Make a donation to keep the service running
What we won't do?
- We will unfortunately not be able to assist with activating any of your Interakt extensions
Why are my article or file not available after I published or uploaded?
- To try and maintain a good usuable set of articles and file without duplications and spammy content all articles and files are subjected to approval.
- In the event that we do not approve a file or article we will let you know why.
Is my email address safe?
- We will not use, give away, sell or make available your email address in any form or manner.
- Your email address will not be used for anything other than limited communication with you from this site.
What about SPAM from this site?
- We will not SPAM you at any time.
- We will from time to time send you news letters to inform you of anything interesting happening
- You can disable this function from within your Member Area
- We reserve the right to sent you a News Letter even if you are unsubscribed.
This news letter will only be sent in the event of critical information that needs to be communicated to you.